To change the name of your store in Shopify, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Shopify account.
- Click on the "Settings" tab in the left-hand menu.
- In the "Store settings" section, click on "General".
- Under "Store details", you will see a field called "Store name". Click on the text in this field to edit it.
- Type in the new name for your store and click "Save".
Note that changing the name of your store will not affect your store's domain name. If you want to change your store's domain name, you will need to follow a different process.
There are a few reasons why you might want to change your store's domain name from a myshopify.com URL to a custom domain that reflects your own brand:
- Branding: A custom domain name that reflects your brand can help you establish a stronger and more professional image for your business. It can also make it easier for customers to remember your store and find it again in the future.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): A custom domain name that includes your brand name or relevant keywords can help improve your store's visibility in search engine results. This can make it easier for potential customers to find your store when they are searching for products or services that you offer.
- Control: When you use a myshopify.com URL, you are essentially borrowing someone else's domain name. By switching to a custom domain, you gain more control over your online presence and can more easily customize your store's URL to reflect your brand.
Overall, switching to a custom domain can help you establish a more professional and memorable online presence, which can be beneficial for your business.